Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Princess Warrior - Girls Discipleship Camp '07

Wow. Camp was in a word, amazing. I know that word is overused, but it truly describes my weekend. Here are a few images of our weekend at Camp Weaver and of Crazy Cabin 7 - my cabin, obviously.

There were speakers every morning and evening and in between we either canoed, played kickball - we won - climbed a rock wall to swing off a 40 ft tower - like bungee jumping - or archery. Part of the morning sessions was what was lovingly called 'the View;' a panel discussion moderated by one of our counselors. The first ladies are to the right. God did so many things in everyone's life that it would be nigh on impossible to recount. However, I was convicted about my influences and how they *gasp* influence my actions and decisions. I made a commitment to limit and moderate very closely what I read and watch.

Thanks to all the Camp staff for dealing with over 130 people for four days; you were fabulous. Thanks to Janel and Talli for heading this off. Thanks to everyone who helped make it work, for work, it did. Thank you, Jennifer Beckam, for being our guest speaker; you spoke so many words of conviction and victory over sin. I am so greatful.

Finally, thanks to the counselors; you guys really made a difference. I truly appreciate it.

I am so greatful for all the new friendships I have made, and the old ones that have been renewed. I hope to stay in contact with everyone.


Cabin 7 rocks!

God Bless,

Cait

PS Happy 17th Birthday, Goosh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Its Brittany, from camp. I was hoping we could exchange some info and I could get you to send me a disc of camp pics. I'm doing some website work for Janel and would love to get some of yours up as soon as possible! Thanks so much for all your hard work, we are so blessed to get to share in your gift! Have an *awesome* week!

*Britt