Monday, May 5, 2008

Crazy



Life has been crazy. Since I posted, I have done three seniors - I have two planned for Wednesday - performed a choir concert, and am preparing for two very large and exciting events: Libby Dean's wedding - Saturday!!! - and Chicago, with Sarah Anne Barlow. I am really looking forward to both. However, God has been doing some major work in my heart as I prepare for both exciting events.


For Libby's wedding, God is teaching me to empty myself of all that I think I am, that I might be filled with His spirit. Without submitting to His call to rely on Him, I will be unable to accomplish what I must do to serve Libby and her fiance. Also, I have been learning to pray for others. I have prayed for others my entire life, but lately I have felt a need, a call to pray for certain friends of mine as they undergo transitional times in their lives with new and exciting, sometimes scary, things.


Secondly, I have had to completely trust God with my finances. I am a very anxious person when it comes to money, and I am prone to fall into temptation when money is in question, regardless of how much or little there is. God has been providing for my needs in a very tangibly way for as long as I can remember, yet I am still prone to worry. When I worry, I doubt God's sovereignty and provision, and this is a large area of sin and temptation in my life. That is why, in God's sovereignty, He had Mr. Stalker teach at youth group about anxiety. It was a slap in my face. I was blown away by Mr. Stalker's demonstravite humility and faith in God's provision. He shared a little story with me about a test of his trust in God's provision, then stepped out in faith to help me in my unbelief. I am so grateful to God for the people He has placed in my life to teach and instruct me with humility.


As I prepare for the upcoming days and weeks, I am not sure what will happen. However I am sure that God is trustworthy, that He is faithful, He knows my needs, and He cares for me. I can rest in that knowledge.


Cait

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah Caitlin...I love you!!! I'm praying for all the crazy exciting stuff happening in your life! :D